Alpha 10 has been released!. New animation system? Check. Bipods? Check. Climbing and vaulting? Check.
Here are just some of the changes:
- Vaulting and Climbing (Default: Spacebar) have been added as a new feature to the game. Vaulting will allow you to more quickly jump over small walls. Climbing will allow you to get over higher walls than was previously possible as infantry. This changes the playing field, as a simple rifleman’s sandbag may be enough to scale a wall previously only accessible with a ladder. Another trick would be to use a vehicle or even another player as a booster which would allow you to climb over higher obstacles.
- “Free-Look” (Default: LEFT-ALT) has been added to all infantry weapons and equipment; as well as emplacements and open-top turret based weapons. This allows for the player to decouple their camera view from their weapon and look around without moving the entire player’s body. There are options to configure this feature, including Hold/Toggle to activate; and whether to recenter the camera on to weapon or vice-versa upon exiting Free-Look.
- Crouch Sprinting is added to the game, meaning that you will be able to traverse distances with a lower profile, albeit at a slower pace than you would if you were standing up fully exposed.
- Transitions to and from prone have been lengthened to much more realistic levels. This is intended to make going to prone not the ideal movement option for engaging the enemy at extreme close range.
- You can now lean while in prone. This kind of lean involves moving your entire upper body to the side, so naturally you would lean out further.
- When deploying a FOB Radio it now starts with 0 construction points and 0 ammo points. The cap for ammo points has been increased to 2000 (was previously 1000).
- Logistics trucks works slightly differently and comes with some new functionality. The driver of the truck can now decide what he wants to carry, and how much (up to the vehicle’s capacity). A conventional army logistics truck can carry a combined 2000 resources and a logistics technical can carry a total of 1000 resources. This means that a traditional logistics truck can carry 2000 construction points and 0 ammo points if it wanted to. You could just as easily carry 1500 ammo points and 500 construction points, it really depends on what the situation calls for.
- To drop off supplies, use (Default: LEFT MOUSE BUTTON); and to pick up supplies use (Default: RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON).
- Furthermore, logistics trucks now has the flexibility to load up supplies from a FOB and redistribute it elsewhere, making it possible to salvage some resources from an obsolete FOB or run strategies where you create a supply hub FOB that other logi trucks pick up from. Rest assured that there will be more development on this feature in the future.
- Due to the above changes, a number of deployable assets has received a reduction in construction costs such as HABs, Emplaced HMGs and Ammo Resupply Crates, as they relied heavily on assistance from those initial resources to get a FOB going.
- Changes to AAS flag capture mechanics, where non-capturable flags will no longer be blockable by the enemy. For example: if one soldier is in the capture zone of their team’s first flag and nine enemies are in that cap zone as well trying to block it, the flag will still be captured. Once they find him and kill him, the flag will (obviously) stop capping. This should severely reduce the “Rush Flags” meta, and shift the focus more towards the linear progression of moving from flag area to flag area, as well as having a proper supply train with FOBs and logistics. Blocking a flag is technically still possible if you eliminate the entire attacking force, but it will require more resources to do and is more likely to fail.
- A new 3-minute “Staging Period” has been added before matches. During this time, you can spawn in at your team’s Main Base or forward spawns, organize your squads, roles, get to your vehicles and prepare to move out. However, you are unable to leave the Main Base and spawn area until the timer has fully elapsed. To prevent griefing issues, you cannot fire your weapons during the staging period.